Speak up for history during Virtual History Matters Advocacy Day on Thursday, February 25. This year's legislative session will be important for funding history initiatives, including Legacy Amendment funds. Plan to visit with your legislators remotely to let them know about the important work carried out with Legacy funds.
Join us at 9:00 am on Feb 25 for a Zoom gathering with MNHS CEO Kent Whitworth who will talk on the relevance of history, and MNHS Director of Public Policy, David Kelliher for an advocacy orientation.
Contact Rebecca Douden at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-500-8067 with questions.
Why you should speak up for Minnesota history
Regardless of our state’s economic situation, it's important to not lose sight of the value of MNHS and other history organizations to all Minnesotans. Legislators and the governor need to hear from voters that funding MNHS, history education, grants and preservation programs is a good use of tax dollars.
Whenever you speak up for history, you’re making a difference. Effective ways to speak up:
- Send a message to your state representative, senator, and the governor
- Have a Zoom meeting with your representative
- Write a personal letter to your representative
- Call your representative
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper
- Tell your friends and colleagues
- Use social media to spread the word about the importance of history