Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Minnesota Historical Society! Visit the opportunities below for more information.
What's the process?
- Scroll through the list of opportunities below. Click on the title that interests you most.
- Follow the directions in each opportunity description or click the blue "Become a Volunteer" button at the bottom of the page.
- Tip: This list can be sorted by status or by location.
- Under 18 years old? Make sure your parent or guardian downloads and completes a Student Addendum. You'll need to submit this with your application and two references.
- 18 years or older? Due to the nature of our volunteer opportunities, all adult applicants are required to complete and pass a criminal background check (CBC). This will require your SSN, your birth date, and a prior residence – MNHS covers the cost.
- Keep an eye on your inbox! Once we receive and process your application, we'll reach out via email to schedule a time to chat.
- Questions? You can reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (651) 259-3187 Monday–Friday 9:00 am–4:30 pm CST.